If you’re a member of the IOAPA, somehow attending a Session at the IOA has changed your life for the better. Like many of us, maybe you made friends for life or figured out what you wanted to do for the rest of your life.
At the very least, you had a blast and love to reminisce about that time.
Why not give back by attending our IOAPA Session and engaging in the Executive Committee?
How it works
Elections are coming, during the IOAPA Session. For the occasion, an Election Committee will be appointed and run the elections.
Anyone attending the Session can get elected for a position.
Members of the Executive Committee are elected for a period of two (2) years. They are eligible for reelection at the end of any term of office.
All details related to our election process and positions are listed below:
- Write a short (200 words) essay stating why you want to run for this position and a rationale for why you are qualified. You may also submit a Bio or short CV (one page maximum).
- Be sure to name the IOAPA member who is nominating you for this position.
- The order of the Elections will be as follows: President, followed by the other positions in this order: Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, Internet Coordinator, IOA Liaison, Marketing Officer, Head of Country Coordinators, Research Coordinator.
- Candidates may be nominated for up to two (2) positions. If elected to a position, the candidate’s name will be removed from subsequent positions.
- Please see all Executive Committee positions and respective duties below.
- All nominations are due to the Elections Commission 30 days prior to the Session start date (September 22nd, 2021, 23:59 Central European Summer Time (CEST)). Applications will NOT be accepted after that date.
- Twenty-four (24) hours prior to the election, members will be checked in and given a username and password by the platform administrator. At that time the voting system will be closed, and no one may enter afterwards.
- On Election Day, members must check in with their username and password to enter the voting session. Members who are late to enter the voting session will be locked out and ineligible to vote. The administrator will be standing by to help anyone with difficulties.
- A two (2) minute presentation by each candidate will be allowed.
- The elections will be conducted in the order of the position listed above.
- If a candidate does not receive an absolute majority in the first round for a position, a second round will take place between the two (2) candidates receiving the highest number of votes and will be decided by a simple majority.
- Voting will be done electronically using numbers. No member can be identified by name, so the voting is private and secure.
Thank you for considering to run for an IOAPA position!
Positions and Job Descriptions
There are 10 positions on the Executive Committee, each with specific responsibilities.
DUTIES: In charge of the general management of the association, supervise Executive Committee Members, communicate and liaise with the IOA and other organisations as well as represent the IOAPA whenever possible.
DUTIES: Organise the IOAPA Session, support the President in all tasks. The Vice-President may be called to represent the IOAPA in replacement of the President.
DUTIES: Organise the Executive Committee meetings, keeping an archive of the minutes, occasionally supporting the President and Vice-President in their tasks and assisting the Finance Committee and Treasurer.
DUTIES: Generally responsible for the association’s finances, such as: accepting payments for memberships and sessions, providing a report twice a year to Executive Committee, creating a provisional budget for the 2-year period immediately after the IOAPA Session.
- Newsletter Editor
DUTIES: Prepare and release one Arete Edition per 3-4 months. Sollicitate IOAPA members and other collaborators for articles and updates on their area of responsibility. Ensure IOAPA’s presence in other publications: IOA Journal and others.
- Internet/Website Coordinator
DUTIES: Ensure a dynamic online presence: updating IOAPA’s website as needed, sending one information email per month to IOAPA members, updating the IOAPA database and mailing list; setting up registrations and sending invitations to members for Reunions and IOAPA Sessions.
- IOA Liaison Officer
DUTIES: Based in Greece, this person is in charge of communications with the IOA. Support the Vice-President in organising the IOAPA Session.
- Marketing Officer
DUTIES: Actively promote the IOAPA through representation at IOA Sessions and other events. Obtain participants lists from the different IOA Sessions. Create IOAPA promotional material.
- Head of Country & Regional Coordinators
DUTIES: Motivate country representatives to keep an IOA network in their countries and keep past IOA participants active and connected. Source content for the Arete Newsletter, attract new IOAPA members through the country representatives, attract participants for the IOAPA Session through the country representatives and other IOA Sessions.
- Research & Partnerships Coordinator
DUTIES: Find academic or other relevant information for members including: conferences, call for proposals, academic and job opportunities, etc., contribute to Arete Newsletter. Liaise with partners and collaborate on initiatives benefiting both organisations.